[mythtv-users] lirc-kmdl for flyvideo 3000 remote

Laszlo O'Vari laszlo at ov.homelinux.net
Tue Jan 13 06:33:00 EST 2004

Hello,

I am installing Mythtv on RH9 using Axel's atrpms and Jarod's guide.
The saa7134 module + xawtv works nicely with the tuner card.
But when I try to use the remote control coming with the flyvideo 3000
tuner card I have no much success.
I can not find any info on which lirc kernel module I should use.
I have: lirc_bt829.o, lirc_gpio.o, lirc_it87.o, lirc_serial.o, lirc_dev.o,
lirc_i2c.o, lirc_parallel.o, lirc_sir.o.
I tried bt829, gpio, it87 and i2c.
Modprobing them produced this:
-------------------------------------
lirc_bt829:
lirc_bt829.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
-------------------------------------
lirc_gpio:
bttv.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
-------------------------------------
lirc_it87:
lirc_it87.o: init_module:
No such device or address
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
-------------------------------------
lirc_i2c looks OK, and I can even start the lircd daemon, but mode2
fails with:
mode2: error opening /dev/lirc
mode2: No such device
and running irw does not produce any output, but it kills lircd. Before
lircd dies, it puts this into
/var/log/messages:
-------------------------------
Jan 13 21:22:25 dolphin lircd 0.7.0pre2[10010]: accepted new client on
/dev/lircd
Jan 13 21:22:25 dolphin lircd 0.7.0pre2[10010]: could not open /dev/lirc
Jan 13 21:22:25 dolphin lircd 0.7.0pre2[10010]: default_init(): No such
device
Jan 13 21:22:25 dolphin lircd 0.7.0pre2[10010]: caught signal
-----------------------------------

First of all, is this the right place to ask this question?
If yes, does anyone know which kernel module I should use with this
hardware and
what parameters I should pass in? I have been trying to find info on
this stuff without
any success.
Or should I just buy or build a serial port IR receiver and forget the
coming with the TV
tuner card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks