[mythtv-users] black screen

Douglas Beck beckd at dig-concepts.com
Tue Jan 13 01:03:11 EST 2004

OK, I've recently setup my PVR-250.  The black screen thing is
annoying.  One of the things I would do is hook something to all of the
inputs on your card.  In addition, I created a simple script that can
run these commands (al la Jarod).  Your setup may differ of course (this
is NTSC, 640x480, S-Video, and I'm not sure what the -v line is):

/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -u 0x3000
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -v input=3,output=1
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -f width=640,height=480
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -p 5

Then, when I'm fighting the "black screen" problem, I go in myth to the
watch TV but don't select "watch tv" until you run the script
above...then go into watch tv.  For some reason after I had it working,
the settings persisted after reboot.  But sometimes my myth setup gets
confused and running the above script while not watching tv or recording
gets my pvr-250 card settings back to where they should be.

Doug