[mythtv-users] Re:Audio Authority & Myth HDTV users, HELP!

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Jan 13 00:50:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 12:35, Doug Larrick wrote:
> I suggest you read and understand
> http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/index.html and
> maybe a few other related documents at the Linux Documentation Project.

Heh - thought about that - took a couple of looks and decided that there
was a better way. ;)

> Yes, it will be *much* easier to get this working with a single
> display.  To verify modelines, you may find it easier to hook up your
> (multisync) monitor at first, rather than the finicky TV.  Also keep in
> mind that the video output features of most video cards only work on
> the first connected display.

Yep!

The only bummer in the whole ordeal for me was realizing that in order
to construct a 1920x1080i modeline I'm going to need access to a
seriously LARGE monitor.  And that's not going to happen...

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com