[mythtv-users] Record past end of show broken?

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 20:56:15 EST 2004

> The clock on my system tends to creep to the fast
> side by the tune of about
> a minute a week on average, but not always.  (I wish
> I knew why, but that's
> another issue for another time...)

I have *no* idea if this feature works or not, but I
was paranoid about this with my machine, so I simply
setup ntpdate in a cron job to update my clock 12
times a day.  Works like a charm.

5 0-23/2 * * *  /usr/sbin/ntpdate -u
(server-name-here) && /sbin/hwclock --systohc

Ok.. maybe it's a little excessive...and for the
obligatory ntp joke, no, I don't DoS wisconsin U, I
use the Naval Observatory... :-)