[mythtv-users] Mplayer or Xine

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Mon Jan 12 14:34:24 EST 2004

Ok, cool I use xine also. I didnt realize mplayer still doesnt support
menus.

Yeah you can in the setup. The player commands are:
for mythvideo: xine -pfh %s
for mythdvd: xine -pfhq --auto-scan dvd

Then you can setup lirc to use your remote with xine. It works perfectly
for me. I didnt realize mplayer was still so far behind mplayer.

James Colannino <email2jamez at dslextreme.com>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
01/12/2004 02:25 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Mplayer or Xine

Simon at the Threshold wrote:

> DBakker at arrayasolutions.com wrote:
>
>> This isnt exactly myth related but it kinda is. What does everyone
>> use with mythvideo? I see the deault is mplayer but Im a xine guy
>> myself. Last I looked the DVD playback support in mplayer was bad.
>> Any thoughts?
>

> I recently bought a dvb drive for my mythtv-box and I found three X11
> programs that support dvd. Mplayer, ogle and xine, my own personal
> perference was xine as it has quite a lot of extras and was pretty
> easy to build with both dvb and dvd support.
>
> Fotunatly mythtv is a breeze to configure for any of them..
>
> Simon

I've heard talk about people using Xine instead of mplayer for playback
of DVD's and was wondering how one would configure MythTV to use it.  I
would love to be able to access the menu's from my DVD's and would
welcome any help anyone could give :)  By the way, does anyone know if
it's possible to use Xine as the backend for MythVideo as well as MythDVD?

James