[mythtv-users] Antec Overture CPU fan

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 12 12:54:09 EST 2004

Your cpu is running fine, the althonxps run a little hot nowadays.  A
good range to keep in between is 45-55.  Below that is always good too.
Though the limit is supposed to be 85C on that barton of yours, its
better to be a far away from that value as possible if you want your
investment to last a while.

I usually keep the temperature as low as possible mainly because of my
pvr's placement in a a/v rack with other components in a closed
environment.  With how hot a receiver can get, its good to keep things
as cool as possible.

As for a temp sensor in linux, go get lm_sensors at
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/

to use the very latest version, you'll have to upgrade your i2c or i
think you can use an older edition depending upon which one works fine
with your current version of i2c.  As for the emergency shutdown, see if
your bios on your mobo has that feature.  I think most, if not all,
motherboards that have hardware monitoring support in the bios does
provide an option for emergency shutdown when the temperature hits an
user-specified value.

Bborie