[mythtv-users] Audio Authority & Myth HDTV users, HELP!

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Jan 12 12:32:51 EST 2004

On 01/12/04 10:31:16, Romel Llarena wrote:
> Just received an Audio Authority 9A60 RGB->Component
> video converter this past weekend. It came with very
> little documentation.
>
> Read all I could in the threads and the only one that
> made the most sense to me was a 20 step process that
> involved a hard drive swap, windows install, and
> purchase of a $29 piece of software (powerstrip) to
> get the thing going.

You just need to figure out what video mode(s) your TV will accept over
component, and write a modeline for (one of) those.  If the TV is HDTV-
ready, it should accept 1080i (and therefore 540p) and/or 720p, and
probably 480p as well.  If the TV can only accept 480i over its
component inputs, you're probably out of luck as most video cards can't
do interlaced modes anymore.

I suggest you search the list archives for the modes listed above
(specifically, 540p) to get you started.

-Doug