[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Re:SoundBlaster Live & ALSA !!!

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 12 10:49:54 EST 2004

On Jan 12, 2004, at 5:57 AM, Dennis Hand wrote:

> Thank You soooo much Jarod. That was the answer I was looking for. Yes
> I am using the rpm's of Axel's. I thought the M179 audio and video
> stuff was all done!!!

So did Axel, I believe, which is why the patch for the M179 wasn't in
the first cut of ivtv 0.1.7 rpms. I've sent him an email requesting a
re-cut w/the appropriate patch.

> No wonder I don't have any sound. Well I know you have two of them,
> what are you doing for sound?

My production box (one PVR-250, on M179) is still running the 0.12 rpm
(which is actually still available from ATrpms, but gets overridden by
the newer version, so you either have to manually download and install
it, or use the correct apt mumbo-jumbo to select the older version (I
can't recall offhand what the correct mumbo-jumbo would be, and I'm at
work now :-).

My dev box (one M179) is running a patched 0.1.7.

> I'm sure there is a M179 audio patch somewhere for this.

There is:

http://www4.infi.net/~cpinkham/tmp/ivtv-031228_gpio.patch

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE