[mythtv-users] Native LIRC and mplayer

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Jan 11 10:39:37 EST 2004

Am So, den 11.01.2004 schrieb Richard Naninck um 15:03:
> Hi,
>
> I got native lirc with mplayer partially working now.
> I put some configuration options in /mythtv/.mplayer/config like;
>
> lircconf=/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
>
> Then I some extra lirc stuff in /mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc like;
>
> begin
>    prog   = mplayer
>    button = Skip
>    config = seek +600
> end
>
> begin
>    prog   = mplayer
>    button = Yellow
>    config = w
> end

You have to use the mplayer commands here, for fullscreen that's
vo_fullscreen to toggle fs-mode. Quit is quit, OSD is osd etc. Don't
think there's one for panscan.

> And here is where I have my problem. Most of the additions I put in
> this file work. So all seek commands, Q for quit, O for OSD etc all
> work, but e and w for panscan and f for fullscreen just don't work. So
> I put back my irxevent and changed the .lircrc file to have an e and w
> in there and then it works. I don't want to use native lirc and
> irxevent together. Does anybody have a solution on how to get these
> three functions (e - w - f) to work?

Maybe Q and O are shortcuts that are defined for native lirc
control/slave mode. Basically mplayer will only accept slave mode
commands via the lirc interface. But not all keys have corresponding
commands. Look at man mplayer for more info.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough