[mythtv-users] help a mythtv newbie - mythfilldatabase fails -directv.xmltv does not exist

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:38:16 EST 2004

>From: "Owen" <olists at thebrands.org>
>To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] help a mythtv newbie - mythfilldatabase fails
>-directv.xmltv does not exist
>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:27:21 -0600
>
>New installation - Knopp Myth distribution. I have searched about on the
>archives and I didn't see this issue. I probably missed it.
>
> >From an Xterm window as the mythtv user I can successfully run tv_grab_na
>--configure. (I previously updated XMLTV per the archives.)
>
>After that I can successfully run tv_grab_na and pull all of the listings
>data from zaptv. This runs for quite a while (1 hour +) Then I run
>mythfilldatabase and it errors out as below:
>
>----------------------Start of XMLTV output-------------------
>Parameterless "use IO" deprecated at /usr/share/perl5/XML/Writer.pm line 16
>using config file /home/mythtv/.mthtv/directv/mlxtv does not exist, run me
>with --configure
>----------------------End of XMLTV output--------------------
>Error in1:1: unexpected end of file
>Failed to fetch some program info
>sh-2.05b$
>
>I welcome any ideas. I guess I will go back and make sure I correctly
>patched XMLTV though it seems to be working fine in pulling down all the
>listings. Maybe it isn't writing them as it is supposed to?
>
>Thanks,
>Owen

I believe I got this error the first time I tried XMLTV 0.5.27 without
XML::Writer
0.4.1 (you cannot use MCPAN to get it, you must download and manually
install it).  Check the XMLTV website for dependencies for the version of
XMLTV
you are using.  If you updated from the KnoppMyth version using a
precompiled
binary then dependencies are most likely your problem.  I don't know why
you would be able to run tv_grab_na manually but not via mythfilldatabase
unless there is something in tv_grab_na that only gets called with the
parameters used via mythfilldatabase.

Another thought: you might want to configure mythfilldatabase via the
setup screen to make sure the config file is loaded in the proper place.
Check
the docs for how to do this.

Sorry if this doesn't help but it is just a guess (you may have more luck
with
this question on the XMLTV list).

-- Harry O.