[mythtv-users] Black screen through mythtv

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Jan 10 07:28:11 EST 2004

Am Sa, den 10.01.2004 schrieb Tobias Luetke um 06:47:
> Hello,
>
> I have been tinkering around with a new PVR 350 and the ivtv drivers.
> Installation was fairly straight forward, cat /dev/video0 > bla.mpg
> yields a perfect picture.
>
> However for whatever reason i cannot get mythtv to work together with
> the ivtv driver. I tryed every input in the list ( and always bound my
> provider to it before trying ).
>
> I have tryed it with mythtv 1.3 (release +patch) and cvs latest, i also
> switched back and forth between ivtv 0.17 and cvs latest.
>
> I'm sure i'm missing something obvious, ivtv is clearly doing its job as
>   cat on /dev/video0 shows.

My guess is you're not telling myth that you have the mpeg2-encoder card
and myth assumes a v4l card. Look in mythtvsetup and check the card
setting, make sure you select mpeg2-encoder from the drop-down list.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough