[mythtv-users] Specs

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Jan 10 07:21:23 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 09.01.2004 schrieb Jarod C. Wilson um 23:46:

> > > The PVR-350 won't help in the decoding for that, because AFAIK it
> > > will only decode up to DVD-resolution (720x480 or whatever).
> >
> > ... a bit higher for PAL, I think ... (is it true that '350s are
> > target built, in such a way that my '350 won't work in PAL land by me
> > just setting new SW & driver settings, or is that false?) ...
>
> Its just a driver setting to switch between NTSC and PAL. And yes, PAL res is
> a touch higher (720x576 vs 720x480).

Ah, yesno :-)

The TV-decoder and -encoder can work in both resolution and formats, but
the tuner cannot. So you can display on a european TV using a US-market
pvr350 and you might be able to record from S-Video/Composite-IN but you
cannot receive TV content using the on board tuner.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough