[mythtv-users] Part Two of my Myth DVB Setup Guide Posted

Malcolm Smith Malcolm.Smith at itemplus.com
Fri Jan 9 11:37:35 EST 2004

This is really good.

Having figured this route out myself as well, I would agree with most of the
steps.

I have a couple of additions. I have a dual card setup - 1 analgoue Bt878
and a Nova-t card.

I used this SQL

SELECT @videosourceid:=sourceid FROM videosource WHERE name="Freeview";
SELECT @freq:='754166670';
SELECT @vpid:='600';
SELECT @apid:='601';
SELECT @tpid:='4168';
SELECT @channame:="%BBC1%";

SELECT @channelid:=chanid  FROM channel  WHERE (sourceid=@videosourceid AND
name LIKE @channame);
REPLACE INTO dvb_channel VALUES
(@channelid,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL, at freq,'0',6900000,'2/3','V',NULL,'qam_64','8
','2/3','1/2','2','1/32','n','auto', at vpid, at apid ,
@tpid,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO dvb_pids VALUES (@channelid, at vpid,'v','');
REPLACE INTO dvb_pids VALUES (@channelid, at apid,'a','');

The key differences are
 1. I ensure that a pick the channel id associated with this video source
 2. I do a fuzzy match  name LIKE channame
 3. I do a "REPLACE" rather than INSERT, handy if you keep trying to get it
right, you don't end up with multiple rows (REPLACE does INSERT if no row
already exists).

Another thing regarding off air channels. Does you backend crash when you
try to view live TV on an off air channel (e.g. BBC3).

-malc-