[mythtv-users] Part Two of my Myth DVB Setup Guide Posted

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Jan 9 05:54:58 EST 2004

Hi!

Martin Smith wrote:
> I've just posted a draft of part 2 of my Myth DVB setup guide.
> The original part one:
> http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html
>
> Covered aspects of DVB hardware and driver installation.
> The new part can be found at:
> http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb2.html
>
> As Myth DVB support is much further along than back in August
> I've written about migrating my anlogue PVR 250 to a dual
> DVB-T card setup.
>
> As I'm doing this in a cautious manner (I don't want to be
> without MythTV at any point if I can help it) I'm still testing
> the DVB card before yanking the analogue one. This means the
> part 2 document isn't complete yet but there's enough there to
> make it worth posting for people to read. I'll post an update
> when I'm happy its all working, or I've given up on it - let's
> hope it's the former!

I've read through it, and it seems like a good start. Maybe add
a section with a short description of all DVB parameters, and
their relation to each other and the database.

I also notice that you bring forth errors or bugs in the doc,
please post a summary of these in mythtv-dev (we can't fix bugs
we don't know exists, you know...)

> I hope some people find this useful. I've had a lot of hits on
> the original document but little feedback.

I distinctly remember contacting you about the first bit, but
never received a response from you.

Kenneth