[mythtv-users] MythTv and DVB-T cards setup in the Uk

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Fri Jan 9 02:58:41 EST 2004

Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Terry

> I am trying to get MythTv working with a DVB-T card in the Uk.
> I have the DVB-T card working fine, drivers etc.
> I have compiled/installed/configured xmltv and MythTv with DVB support.
> However, the mythbackend gives the error messages:
> 2004-01-09 07:45:16 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters
> for channel 3 with id 1043.
> 2004-01-09 07:45:16 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for
> channel 3.

I recently setup two DVB-T in my fedora/athlon box at home and oddly
enough recognise your error messages..

> and there are error messages when I try and watch a channel.
> Reading on the mail lists suggests that I need to set up the databases
> dvb_channel and dvb_pids tables.

Ineedy, if your on the chyrstal palace transmitter you can load some
pre-canned dvd_channel and dvd_pids sql data into your database. If not
your need to run dvbtune to produce a ~/.tzap/channels.conf and then
write a quick script to import these into the database.

> 1. Is this all that is required ?
Yes

> 2. Is there any information on how to do this (syntax, rqeuired fields
> etc) ?
Not really I understand the 0.14 is pre-release and there is no
documentation on it.

> 3. Is there a Howto for using DVB with MythTv ?
Closest I found was at

or

> http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

or
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=94945;search_string=Crystal%20Palace;guest=1979781&t=search_engine#94945

I'm not really looking forward to contributing to a 0.14 DVB setup guide
but it would probably be a good idea. <CHuckle>

Regards
Simon