[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Newbie dependency install issue

Travis travis at wsor.net
Thu Jan 8 21:43:01 EST 2004

Sorry about that.  I reinstalled Fedora and got KDE back to looking nice.
Here's the apt command you asked for plus the install dependencies:

[root at localhost mythtv]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythmusic (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythweb (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythweather (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythgallery (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythgame (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythnews (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythbrowser (>= 0.13) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-photo (>= 4) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy (>= 0.20031214) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-visor (>= 1:0.13.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-sleek (>= 0.35) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-gant (>= 0.pr1) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]#
[root at localhost mythtv]# apt-cache policy mythtv-suite
mythtv-suite:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.13-36.rh9.at
  Version Table:
     0.13-36.rh9.at 0
        996 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de redhat/9/en/i386/at-testing
pkglist

Thanks for taking the time Jarod.

-- Travis

On Thursday 08 January 2004 12:59, Travis wrote:
> I ran # apt-get install qt=3.1.1-6 and received a message about
downgrading
> one package. I accepted and then rebooted. The X environment I came back
> to had just a single terminal window. Thanks again for your help.

Well, I need a bit more info to really provide any help... Lets try this one

more time... What do you get for results if you type in the command:

# apt-cache policy mythtv-suite

;-)

- --jarod

> On Jan 7, 2004, at 17:16, Travis wrote:
> > I am trying to install mythtv on a new system I have put together
> > based on
> > an Intel 865G board with a pvr 250. After installing Fedora and
> > following
> > Jarod's tutorial page, I try to run # apt-get install mythtv-suite and
> > get a
> > lot of dependency issues. Eventually, I attempt to downgrade qt to
> > version
> > 1.3.1.1-6 because I get this error "qt-MySQL: Depends: qt (=1:3.1.1-6"
>
> That wouldn't be qt version 1.3.1.1-6, it would be 3.1.1-6.
> Unfortunately, I have no clue why you're getting this error. What do
> you get for results with this command:
>
> # apt-cache policy mythtv-suite
>
> > The result is the KDE ends up getting really screwed up. I am still
> > really
> > new to linux, and I guess I'm having issues understanding how to get
> > around
> > the dependencies and keep KDE working. Thanks to all for any input on
> > my
> > situation.
>
> You don't get around dependencies, you satisfy them. :) We'll see what
> we can figure out...

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...