[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

Albert Santoni gamegod at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 8 19:28:06 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:37, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>>
>>> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>>

>> I guess what I'm really asking is, does it use Myth's "TV" class (libs/
>> libmythtv/tv_play.{h,cpp}) to handle the user actions?  Or is it just
>> using MythMainWindow::TranslateKeyPress ("TV Playback", ...) to
>> translate the action, they handling it with its own code that you
>> wrote?  Or neither?
>

> I'm using TranslateKeypress and then calling the appropriate xine-lib
> functions to move around the stream.  A better solution would really
> be to abstract out the TV object so that we could have a NuppleTV and
> XineTV, or to create a common interface between Xine and the Nupple
> player but I was trying to be as non-intrusive as possible since I
> didn't want to have to maintain a huge patch set against Myth.

On behalf of all the people that use MythVideo and MythDVD, I want to
thank you again for what I believe to be a big step forward for the
mythological conversion box. Myth's plugin/module architecture is being
used properly, with each module looking like part of the whole to the
end-user... This is is fantastic!