[mythtv-users] Can I skip comercials while recording?

Pete's MythTV myth at scantech.no-ip.com
Thu Jan 8 06:35:42 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Richie Jarvis
Sent: 07 January 2004 15:44
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Can I skip comercials while recording?

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>If your reception is not perfect does this impact the accuracy of the
skip?
>>If there is some residual "snow" on what would otherwise be blank frames
>>I could see where this would confuse the blank frame / scene change
>>detectors.
>>
>>On my system a few stations appear to allow nearly perfect comercial
>>break detection. Others are very hit or miss.
>>
>>Rob
>

> Yes, this is one possible reason.

On this point, is anyone in the UK using commercial skip on ITV/Channel
4???  I cannot get it to work successfully at all - I have resorted to
manually skipping them during playback :(

It also detects commercials during perfectly normal programs on BBC1 and
  BBC2 as well - so any help would be appreciated.

My signal to the mythtv box isn't great, but I am working on that one atm.

Cheers,

Richie

Richie,

I haven't tried it yet, but I often record from BBC/ITV/CH4 off my cable
feed.  I will turn on auto-detection and let you know.

Which detection method do you use ?

Pete