[mythtv-users] nvtv or XF86config?

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Thu Jan 8 03:26:33 EST 2004

Dwaine Garden wrote:
> Simon at the Threshold wrote:
[snip]
>> On the flip side I found the nVidia driver easy to install and
>> use..although I've had no joy with the latest driver (rev 5328) but
>> the one before that the 4496 works brillantly..
>

> I'm luckly, I have never had one single problem with any version of
> their drivers.   5328 works like all the rest did.
> What problems are you having?

The script works as well as the 4496 version (although this one doesn't
complain abot using thr GCC33 compiler (I've tried using the GCC32 as
well). But basicly when I try and bring up the X server the nvidia
driver fails to init. Nothing else is said just "Failed to initilize
nvidia driver".

I even stripped out all of the extra config I've got in my X config, but
basicly if I attempt to load the 5328 drivers "She no work"... <Wince>
In my playing I've also had it hang my system as well.

Regards
Simon