[mythtv-users] Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 13:10:36 EST 2004

My Waited 2 seconds problems disappeared shortly after
the 0.13 release, so
I can no longer contribute to any debugging attempts.
But I did notice
something I had wrong in my setup.  I had distorted
sound on certain
channels.  It turned out that my record level
(capture, igain, etc depending
on the mixer you're using to access the settings) was
way too high for the
levels provided by my tuner card.  I could drop the
input gain all the way
down to 7 without a loss in volume.  The distortion
was due to clipping at
the recording input.

There is no good reason why this should cause the
kinds of problems people
have seen. But just maybe there's a bug in audio
drivers or lame that's
exercised by strings of clipped audio.  It makes no
more sense than
fine-tuning stations, but those who have this problem
may wish to check.