[mythtv-users] RE: Transcode

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 13:07:45 EST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 08:22, Ian Hojnicki wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 21:59, Ian Hojnicki wrote:
> > The MTD starts and it reads accesses the DVD for the first 5
> > minutes then it is like the MTD just hangs.
>
> Hmm. The mtd is a bit buggy (working on a replacement), but it should
> not regularily be hanging after some specific amount of time. Are you
> entering and exiting the progress dialog when this happens?
>
> Have you tried with more than 1 dvd? Could be you've got a disc with
> scratch or something else libdvdread is not happy with.
>
> > I have the option for MTD to output to the console and no error
> > messages are displayed.
>
> Can you post the log in any case ?
>
> - thor
>
> Here is some more info:
> I leave MythDVD at the Job screen while it is working and then it
> would just stop.  The system I am currently testing with is a Dual
> Celeron BP6 board running dual 450's.  When the job first starts,
> both processors run at like 60%, and then it drops back down to 5%
> total CPU usage when it fails.
> I have tried it with multiple DVD's and it does the exact same thing
> with each one.  Once this happens, I can not cancel the job.
>
> I do not have the log in front of me but, it basically reads in the
> DVD tables and gets the corresponding keys for each VOB.  That is the
> last entry outputed to the console (while it is working and when it
> is not).
>
> Does someone know the full command line to use to try this out
> without the frontend?

Seeing pretty much the same thing here, with CVS of Dec. 11 (ah, how I
miss the days when I had time to upgrade to CVS every week!).  The
whole process just seems to hang, and then I have to go in and kill -9
mtd & all the subprocesses it spawned.  Nothing in the mtd.log of any
interest...

I'll try and update to CVS this week and see if I still get this
behavior.

-JAC