[mythtv-users] Transcode

Craig Meyer craig at fdllug.org
Wed Jan 7 01:44:09 EST 2004

I had this same problem a starting a few days ago. I looked at dmesg and
/var/log/messages and found some strange errors concerning the dvd device.
After googling around a bit on the error messages I found that whatever it
is in the kernel that handles DVD reading has a hard time compensating for
a flakey DVD device and that the problem is being worked on. In the mean
time, try a different DVD drive and IDE cable. This worked great for me..
The difference was night and day. Or at the very least, check your
messages and see if they give you any more info.

-Craig