[mythtv-users] Messages from system to user

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Wed Jan 7 00:50:50 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 11:39 pm, Matt White wrote:
>
>>Isaac Richards wrote:

>>>Add on module, I'd think.
>>
> <snip>
>
>>I've modelled it somewhat after syslog, but logged to the database.  I
>>created a mythlog table:
>
> Make sense to model it more after email?

It is actually fairly close to email (in terms of the storage and
retrieval):

module       ===    From address
message      ===    Subject line
details      ===    Message body
acknowleged  ===    read/unread status

The only real additions are the host (could be part of the
 From address) and the priority (I wanted that in there so that
the user could filter the messages based on what level of detail
they were interested in).  The 'syslog' reference was more of a
nod to where the idea of the fields came from...

The viewer would be similar to an email reader - you'd have  a
listview of messages, and a more detailed view when you scrolled
onto each message.

Or am I understanding you wrong?

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"