[mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an Airboard?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:59:04 EST 2004

>From: "IvanK." <chepati at yahoo.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an
>Airboard?
>Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:05:55 -0500
>
>On Tuesday 06 January 2004 11:27 am, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>

> > >To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> > >Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an
> > >Airboard?
> > >Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:07:40 -0800

> > >Yep, your guidance was a huge help, and probably saved me hours of
> > > Googling and mailing list archive searching. =]

>Further to this discussion, I pitch in my two cents: I was able to map all
>the
>keys on my RS-15-2116, except the FAV/SCAN button which seems to be
>hardware-bound to ChannelUp.  Pressing FAV/SCAN will start emitting a
>chanup
>signal every few seconds non-stop.  Programming that button to send another
>signal also changes ChannelUp's signal!  Talk about stupid design.
>
>Any way to remap the FAV/SCAN button?
>
>Thanks,
>IvanK.

I think you are SOL.  The FAV/SCAN button is hard coded to send the
same keycode at regular intervals until the FAV/SCAN button is pressed
again.  This is to implement an internal channel scanning solution.  This
is the same way that some remotes implement an internal sleep function
(i.e.: there is an internal timer in the remote that sends the power
button IR code after a specified delay and assumes the remote is pointed
at the device that you are trying to power off).

Unless you can change the way the remote works (not just keycodes)
I don't see how this can be changed.  It might be possible to do via
JP1 though (I have never used JP1 programming).

BTW: my remote does the same thing.  I just didn't map that button
and I don't press it    ;-)

-- Harry O.