[mythtv-users] Reliable, cool machine?

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Tue Jan 6 15:07:26 EST 2004

On Tue, January 6, 2004 at 4:46 am, Kyle Rose wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a good motherboard/CPU combo that I can stick into
> an aluminum case and which will survive in 100% humidity at 95 degrees
> F?  I don't have air conditioning, so in the summer it gets very
> inhospitable for my dual Athlon.

Via C3/Eden are by far the best in terms of low power dissipation,
although somewhat lacking in power.  If you use hardware encoding they are
more than sufficient, though.

I found this page which lists maximum power dissipation for just about all
CPUs on the market, it should help with your decision.

http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

-Dave