[mythtv-users] minimum CPU requirements for PVR-250

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 6 14:46:16 EST 2004

Torsten Schenkel wrote:

> I plan on using a 40GB harddrive. I'm not sure if the mobo
>
>>will support 40GB though (might be the 32GB limit) - but
>>I'm alright with that.  It's a 7200 RPM drive - hopefully
>>this mobo will support that.
>>

>There also is an 8 GB limit :-). As above, with specialties like this
>old IBM machine I'd contact IBM. Might well be it's up to the task. As
>far as processing power is concerned I'd say it is, what's open is I/O
>capabilities.

If you install a 'supported by Bios' format drive as boot/root combo you
can disable the larger drives in the Bios and let Linux handle those.
On an old Asus TX97 board I run a 40/60/80/160 Gb driveset (all disabled
in Bios, using a 2 Gb SCSI drive as boot/root) without problems and all
in DMA mode getting about 20 Mbyte/sec max out of each of the IDE drives.

Gert