[mythtv-users] Low profile TV tuner card?

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Tue Jan 6 10:08:19 EST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Gary Marsh wrote:

> So far, the only low profile card I've found *which I can buy* is a KWorld
> CX23883 based card, which doesn't appear to be supported. I've realized
> KWorld also makes a low profile BT878 based card, but after an hour on
> Google I still can't find any north american vendor on Google which sells
> it..
>
> So the next option is to find a physically small TV tuner card and modify
> its PCI bracket. But the only card I've found that appears to be slim
> enough is an Asus TV-FM card (the cheap one on Newegg) and further
> investigation shows that it uses the SAA7133 chipset (is that close enough
> to a 7134?)

Take a look at a Lifeview FlyVideo line, specifically the 2100 and 3100:

	http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lifeview-usa/pcitvvidcapc.html

I've got the 3100 now but kinda wish I'd gotten the 2100 since it has the
S-Video input and I'll be doing the audio via the sound card anyways.
There are drivers for it on bytesex. They're not 1.0 drivers, but they
seem to work well enough.

Granted, I don't have a fully working myth system yet, but I think that's
more due to lack of time than anything else :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass