[mythtv-users] Epia 800/133 remote frontend issues with mythtv and mythmusic

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 16:40:02 EST 2004

I've got a remote mythfrontend connecting to a fully working master
backend server, but am having some problems.  The frontend is an 800mhz
Epia running mythtv .12, alsa 0.9.8, and a binary driver from Via for
the cyberblade video.  When I watch TV, the audio and picture stutters
and the backend complains about prebuffering pauses.  I've tried
everything (updating alsa, video drivers and X)  and can't seem to get
around this.  Anyone have an ideas?

Now for mythmusic.  ;-)  All I can say about that is:

Decoder error. DecoderOgg: Failed to open input. Error 5.
Decoder error. DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.  Error 5.

Everything works great with the playlist, except I can't play any of the
songs.  The permissions on /dev/dsp and /dev/sound/dsp are set to 777.
I've tried using / in the path and using the full path to the music
store, nothing seems to make any difference whatsoever.  If it matters,
I don't have my music stored in /mnt/store.

Thanks to all for the great stuff.  ;-)

michael brown