[mythtv-users] SB Live to Home Theater receiver

Jeff Burricelli jeff at burstable.net
Mon Jan 5 20:21:20 EST 2004

I read on some msg board that connecting a SB live 5.1 to a home theater
receiver via the digital out on the SB to mono plug to RCA to COAX
digital in on the receiver will, over time, burn out the receiver.
Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I purchased a M-Audio
Revolution because I dont want a $1000 paper weight for a receiver, but
I cannot get the card to work for the life of me, and the SB Live works
fine.  Any thoughts?