[mythtv-users] Messages from system to user

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 5 15:05:30 EST 2004

Is there a facility for the system (any module) to post messages to the
user?  Being a ReplayTV user, I'm used to checking my messages weekly to see
if any connections were missed or whatever.  While we are on Linux here,
end-users probably don't want to hear "check your log files".  While OSD is
nice for things that happen in realtime, I could see the filldatabase script
using this as well as other background processes that might not happen as a
user is watching.

I may tackle this as an enhancement if this hasn't been developed yet.
Ideally I would see a simple table in the database storing the messages
where relevant modules could insert into and the "reader" could just select
and/or delete from.  Would this be best as it's own module or something
included in the Setup screens as a simple "Messages" option?

Kevin Kuphal