[mythtv-users] Is there a mailing list for KnppMyth?

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 5 02:02:18 EST 2004

stan wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 09:43:51PM +0100, Martina Walter wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 20:40, stan wrote:
>>

>>>It loks like I've choosen to base mmy system on starting with KnoppMyth,
>>>rather than Debian unstable. And it occurs to me that I've been posting
>>>a number of questiosn to this list that are specific to that distribution.
>>>
>>>Is there a mailinglist for this distribution?
>>>

>>http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/
>>

>Yuck! I HATE these web based forums,
>
>No real mailinglist?

How about, "thank you very much for donating the time and effort, all
the countless hours of working on and debugging the distribution, for no
compensation whatsoever, so that people can enjoy an easy to install
distribution of MythTV."  How about, "thank you very much for taking the
effort and the money to register a domain name and to attempt to
document the distribution as thorougly as possible and to manage a
bulletin board so that people can communicate with one another about it,
even if it's not a mailing list."  I'm sorry if I'm going off on you,
and especially sorry if you didn't mean any selfishness in that
statement, but at least from the way I read this, it sounds as if you
feel that this guy owes you something and that he's doing the world some
great disservice if he doesn't manage his distribution just the way you
like it.  If you don't like the fact that the bulletin board is the only
place to communicate with others about KnoppMyth, then go find another
solution that works for you that's managed the way you like it.

James