[mythtv-users] basic config question

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 5 00:39:40 EST 2004

On Jan 4, 2004, at 21:01, Perry and Lorae Merritt wrote:

> Hi guys I'm a newbie to this mail list (only read the last 854
> messages).
>
> I've loaded mythtv-0.13-48.rh9.at on my machine along with all the
> latest
> RPMS for RH9. (BTW, the doc is great and the at rpms from
> atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/install.html installed without a hitch.
> Thanks to
> those that did the work.)
>
> I'm inches away from ordering a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350. Before I do...
> I want make sure that what I'm going to do is going to work for me.
>
> I want to be able to record. While I'm recording I also want to watch
> tv,
> or run mythweb, or run mythgame, or run mythvideo, or run mythdvd.
> Basically
> I want to be able to do any one of the preceding while I'm recording.
>
> I plan on buying a single pvr-350. I want to use the same card for
> tv-in and
> tv-out.
>
> Can I do what I want to do?

With one card, you *can* watch the show you're recording or any other
prior recording, but you won't be able to watch another live show (i.e.
you can't tune to two channels at once). Everything else is no problem.

> Any "gotchas" anyone's run into with the atrpm package would also be
> greatly
> appreciated.

Not that I'm aware of... I believe TV-Out support is included in the
latest ATrpms ivtv rpms, and that was the only prior hurdle I'm aware
of.