[mythtv-users] can't change channels with arrow keys

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 00:14:17 EST 2004

--- jose rubio <debian at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 02:51, * wrote:
> > Hello, I'm not sure when this started but for awhile now I
> > have been unable to change channels with the up/down arrow
> > keys.  When I try using the arrow keys, MythTV displays the
> > new channel number but apparently doesn't actually send the IR
> > signal to change the channel (or it is lost, or something).
> >
> > Here's some info about my setup.  I'm using MythTV 0.13 and to
> > change the channel myth uses /usr/local/bin/channel, which
> > sends the signal to my DCT2000 with a homebrew IR Blaster.  I
> > know this is mostly working, because I can successfully change
> > channels in MythTV by typing the channel number then ENTER.
> >
> > Any hints on where to look for fixing this?  Perhaps the
> > /etc/lircd.conf or ~mythtv/.lircrc?  Thanks!
> >
> Let me see if I get this straight... Are you saying that you cannot
> change channel using the arrow (up/down) keys but you can if you type a
> number and hit enter?
>
> this is probably a silly comment but... are you sure you hit the
> "select" key (space bar) after you hit the up-arrow?  There is a setting
> in mythfrontend that you can toggle the action of the arrow keys to
> either change the channel immediately or to wait for you to hit the
> select key...
>
> like I said, it's probably a silly comment...
>

> -jose-

Hello, sorry for the late reply!  I think that must be related.  When I
hit "select" (space bar or enter apparently) after typing an arrow key,
the channel changes.  But it's still not working completely.  Whether or
not the box is checked- I am forced to type select after hitting an
arrow key.  And whether or not the box is checked, I don't have to type
select after typing a number (although if I don't hit select there is a
slight pause before the channel changes).  Maybe it will be fixed in the
next version of mythtv.  Thanks.