[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, configuring backend machine to accept clients?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jan 4 17:42:15 EST 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 09:40:13PM +0100, Martina Walter wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 19:17, stan wrote:
>
> > But when I run mythfrontend on
> > the machine booted off of the CD, it says it cannot connect to the dtabse
> > on the backend amchine.
> >
> > What do I need to check?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.29

OK, that fot me a bit further. Now ehn I boot the client machine it comed
up in mythfrontend, and does not work. So, I exit run mythtv-setup, and
change the entries in general for teh IP address of the frontend machine
(as determined ny dhcp), and the IP address for the backend.

Then I start up mythtvfrontend again, now I can see the chanel guide, and I
can see the list of recorded shows (without previw thumbnails). But if I
try to watch either live TV, or recorded show mythtvfrontend segfaults.

Where to look next?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin