[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, configuring backend machine to accept clients?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jan 4 13:17:56 EST 2004

I'm expirimenting with KnoppMYTH. I've go a back/frontend amchine that's
mostly working. I booted a 2nd machien from the CD to try a remote front
end.

I changed the machine name for the backend to the name I have assigned to
the backend machine, and left everything else at the defaults (mysql
username, mysql password, mysql db name). But when I run mythfrontend on
the machine booted off of the CD, it says it cannot connect to the dtabse
on the backend amchine.

What do I need to check?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin