[mythtv-users] Re: Getting XVMC working and knowing it?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 4 12:23:57 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:17:09PM -0500, Dwaine Garden wrote:
> I have mythtv cvs installed with mplayer from atrpms.  I'm trying to
> figure out if xvmc is actually working.   How does one figure out if
> it's working correctly.   Does the mplayer from atrpms have XVMC
> built-in.   Do I have to download the source and rebuild it.

No, ATrpms has no XVMC support in any rpms. When I checked, whether I
could build with XVMC I only found a static (!) library from XFree86
for i810 and another (static!) from NVIDIA.

So it is currently not something a general purpose repo could
offer. Maybe specialized mplayer-i810 or mythtv-nvidia rpm could be
crafted, but I think it is not worth while.

I hope XVMC will get to common headers and shared libs eventually,
with a fallback lib like in the case of GL.