[mythtv-users] What types of filesystems does HnopMyth create?

Darrick Hartman ricko73 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 01:06:02 EST 2004

--- stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I thought i could answer this question by looking in
> /etc/fstab, but they
> are allmareke auto.

I believe ext3 is what knoppmyth uses.

> As a second question what's the optimum filesystem
> to use for storage of
> the videos? I've heard xfs was designed for that.

Yes I've read this as well.  I'm currently using
reiserfs but plan to upgrade to XFS as soon as I get
done with an editing project I'm doing on my main box.
 (need free space to transfer the video off my raid-5
array, which is what I'm using for video storage in
Myth).

Looks like XFS will be included in the 2.4.24 kernel
and it is already in the 2.6 series.

Darrick