[mythtv-users] Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Stuart Hodges mymythtv at twotails.org
Sat Jan 3 19:18:19 EST 2004

Hi,

	I appear to have two separate problems. The one below, that happens when
channels are changing and appears to be the same as most of the posts in this
thread and a backend or device lockup. Killing and restarting the frontend
has no effect and there are no frontend messages. /var/log/messages says:

Jan  3 18:59:00 tiggy kernel: ivtv: ivtv_dec_timeout: lost IRQ; resetting...
Jan  3 18:59:31 tiggy last message repeated 308 times
Jan  3 19:00:32 tiggy last message repeated 609 times
Jan  3 19:01:32 tiggy last message repeated 603 times
Jan  3 19:02:32 tiggy last message repeated 598 times
Jan  3 19:03:32 tiggy last message repeated 599 times
Jan  3 19:04:32 tiggy last message repeated 598 times
Jan  3 19:05:32 tiggy last message repeated 599 times
Jan  3 19:06:03 tiggy last message repeated 305 times
Jan  3 19:06:04 tiggy kernel: ivtv: EOS interrupt not received! stopping
anyway.
Jan  3 19:06:38 tiggy kernel: saa7115[0]: decoder set size
Jan  3 19:06:38 tiggy kernel: Hpsc: 0x00001, Hfsc: 0x00600
Jan  3 19:06:38 tiggy kernel: Setting full NTSC height
Jan  3 19:06:38 tiggy kernel: saa7115[0]: decoder disable output
Jan  3 19:06:38 tiggy kernel: saa7115[0]: decoder enable output
Jan  3 19:06:41 tiggy kernel: ivtv: timed out waiting for firmware
Jan  3 19:06:41 tiggy kernel: ivtv: COULDN'T START PLAYBACK -16

	This log includes me restarting the frontend and it failing to work.

	Its running on a duron 1400 with plenty of disk space and the machine is
doing nothing else, so its pretty idle. Running SUSE 8.2 (so I did the PIC
thing to get mythtv to build).

	Thanks.

		Stuart