[mythtv-users] Repeating sound in 0.13

Hans-Christian Prytz hcp_public at prytz.net
Sat Jan 3 18:32:28 EST 2004

Hi, I've posted on this problem before
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=98172;search_string=repeating%20audio;guest=1943461&t=search_engine)
but since I didn't get eny suggestions I'm trying again :-)

THe problem is that sound from a normal Hauppage Win-TV (analog) card is
repeating it self at times. This happens about every 5-20 seconds while
watching live-tv and also in the recordings made while not watching tv.
It is diffucult to describe but sounds sort oflike this:
If someone is actually saying "...give that ball a good kick...", it
instead sounds like "...give that ball ball od kick..." or maybe
"...give that ball ball ball kick...". Quite usesless for watching tv :-(

This sytem has worked fine with 0.12 for a long time, and recordings
made back then do not have this problem. So the problem is not in the
playback, but in the recording.

The "baseline" system that worked was:
AMD Athlon 1800+
A Happauge Win-TV card and a Cinergy 400 card
Gentoo 1.4 with
kernel linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r5
Mythtv 0.12

Then I upgraded to
kernel linux-2.4.22-gentoo-r2
and mythtv 0.13

and the problem appeared. I have since changed to canilla-sources kernel
2.4.23 and the problem is still presen.

I have tried using the old 2.4.20 kernel,  but with the same (bad)
results. I have tried with and without the PVR-250 active and defined
and I hvae tried swapping the order of the PVR and WinTV card, but still
the same.

I have not tried to reinstall Myhttv 0.12, but that is starting to seem
like the next logical step, either tath or trying the cvs version. But
since nobody has, apparently, heard of this problem before, I'm not very
optimistic as to any fixes in cvs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as at the momen I have a
expensive watch OR record device :-( (also known as a vcr)

Hans-Christian