[mythtv-users] Help please: Remote and transmiter

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 14:49:38 EST 2004

I still haven't singled out com port issues, but I need some clarification.

I've seen in posts here that people have both remotes and transmitters working under Lirc.

I have read through this post and it seems more in line with have 2 serial port devices (trans and rec) http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3304314&forum_id=5339.   Still I tried it and it seems both lircd's can't be running at the same time.  At least that is what I got back.  Even with a different version of lirc.

Reading through the mythtv documentation it looks like you use one copy of lirc, just rerun ,/setup.sh again but reconfigure for the transmitter.  (Hauppague 350 remote was a piece of cake).  Is there some docuementation somewhere here that discusses it. I've looked through gossamer but only saw confirmations it can be done , no pointers.

Thanks

Stuart