[mythtv-users] Transcoding settings advice

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jan 2 15:49:32 EST 2004

David A. Mason wrote:
> That explains a whole lot. Could you tip me off as to where in the original
> database SQL to find the default values, so that I can start this over with
> sane values?

Max 2, min 15, diff 3. You could move min to proportionally
lower numbers as you raise the bitrate and maybe change max
to 1 at higher bitrates, say, over 5000. However, I like to
think of these as out of bounds markers. It is the bitrate
that will have a real impact on how lossy the compression is.
These just suggest when to do something desprate.

--  bjm