[mythtv-users] nuvexport

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Fri Jan 2 13:37:13 EST 2004

I finally got around to upgrading to mythtv-0.13 so I can try out
nuvexport. So far, I have no luck at all :)

I am specifically interested in getting VCD to work, but I will take
SVCD if I have to. When I tried exporting a recording to VCD, everything
seemed to work. I then used vcdimager
[http://www.vcdimager.org/index.phtml] to convert for burning to CD.
This worked as well. However, when I tried to play this in my DVD
player, all I saw was the first video frame for the entire show length.
The audio worked fine... I tried to play the mpg file that was created
with the nuvexport, and I had the same result [single video frame, audio
worked] with xine and mplayer.

SVCD was worse, as it did nothing but generate a blank screen and no
audio.

Am I missing something? I just downloaded the "latest" nuvexport, and as
far as I can tell, all of my other software is as up-to-date as Gentoo
"stable." Any ideas on where I should start next?
--
:wq!

  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org