[mythtv-users] extreme newbie questions

Richard Legault richlega at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 13:19:25 EST 2004

The PVR bug has bitten me and I am in search of a method.

I have joined this mailing list in a quest for a "stable" method of time
shifting television.

I have a spare box here (2GHz Celeron, 128M RAM) with nearly nothing else in
it of note.

I am considering the Hauppauge PVR 350 card. (I think I would like to record
two shows at once, I will consider adding a card. Is it realistic to add a
card for this purpose?)

Will this card along with one or two 250G drives set me free?

Is there a clear path to the obtaining of the software and compilation? (or
might it be an experiment in futility?)

Is it feasible to place the box say ten feet away from the TV and use a long
extension for the IR receiver and video-out lines?