[mythtv-users] mythwebremote

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Sun Feb 29 16:42:46 EST 2004

Brian Preston-Campbell wrote:
> Hi all.  I have a working version of mythwebremote available for download.
>
> http://www.preston-campbell.com/myth/mythwebremote.tar.gz  (86kb)
>
> As mentioned on the list yesterday I had planned to make a browser-based
> remote control through TCP/IP with Apache and PHP to send keypresses to a
> myth frontend.

Cool idea!  How configurable is this?  I would like to see support for
a direct TCP/IP connection to the frontend for remotes.  That way I can
use an app like Opie's remote control to handle MythTV (via TCP/IP) and
my stereo rack (through lirc).  I'm not sure of the Opie remote program
supports TCP/IP output -- I'm guessing not at the moment.  I can't use
lirc for MythTV because I'm running kernel 2.6.x and lirc hasn't been
ported to it yet.

Some kind of TCP/IP remote kernel driver would be idea.  Then I could
control all kinds of things from my PDA.  :)

                                     -Dave