[mythtv-users] Could we be able to do this

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 16:01:38 EST 2004

If you substitute Xawtv (or some other program) for
LiveTV, then you lose the PVR features in LiveTV mode.
  Also, from what I've read, the scheduler can't
interrupt the external program, which could be a
problem if you have one tuner and you're watching
LiveTV and there's a scheduled recording.  I can't
speak for the developers, but I would guess that's why
they don't implement the non-time shiftable LiveTV
mode, it just doesn't make sense from the purpose of
the program, and there's technical difficulties.

Even though I use LiveTV mode a lot (like when I have
no recordings stored, and I have to choose from the
best of a bad lot), I still like the idea of being
able to pause or rewind on a whim.

-- Joe