[mythtv-users] Some problems with myth/ivtv - workarounds?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Feb 29 13:20:05 EST 2004

HI!

Patrick Debois wrote:

>>> 2. Recording without audio (one time)
>>> I had one recording with no audio. I do not know why.
>>> I don't know, if  this is an ivtv issue.

> test_ioctl -d $VIDEODEV -y mute=0
>
> is also interesting to know. Because the FAQ only states that wrong
> modules are loaded and so on.
> The mute thing solved my problem.

What exactly was your problem? Always no audio?

What's it with all those test_ioctl commands?

I issued some of them during installation by Jarod's guide, but what
effect do those commands really have?
I don't mean, what's their purpose, but for example how long do they
last? Do those settings survive a reboot?

Shouldn't MythTV issue those commands?

Thomas