[mythtv-users] VCR record problems

gabrielle k. gelle at umich.edu
Sat Feb 28 17:22:11 EST 2004

OK, so I'm not trying to do a wacky alternate input for my VCR.
I figured if I just attached it to the tuner and tuned to channel 3
(like you do with the tv!) it would 'just work'

I get snow.
If I push VCR/TV I get (grainy) tv still coming in correctly when
using 'Watch TV'

But if I try to watch the VCR output, just snow.
IVTV FAQ suggests that snow means signal, but not tuned to
a channel.  If my VCR isn't 3 on my PVR-250, any guesses
what channel it might be?

I looked through the archives.  I tries the suggestion to
switch inputs with test_ioctl -p.  Tried 0-9.  I get black
screen on some, white horizontal lines on others.  On 4
(the one that works for myth) I get snow.

This seems like a dumb question to me, I really thought it
would work without problems.

If anyone has suggestions on recording VCR output through
my tuner input, I would be most grateful.

gabrielle