[mythtv-users] PVR-250 ir sensor on separate frontend.

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 28 11:19:09 EST 2004

Quoting "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>:

> On Feb 27, 2004, at 17:59, Buechler, Mark R wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if it's possible to get the PVR-250 IR sensor working
> > independent of the PVR-250 card. Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking
> > the
> > interface might be serial.
>
> The interface is i2c.
Either that or the sensor itself is "dumb" and the signals are decoded by an IC
on the PVR250 that is connected to the main PCI bridge via I2C.  (This is what I
assumed.)

If the sensor itself is "dumb", you can most likely convert it to behave like
one of the homebrew serial receivers with just some wires.

It would likely be easier to just create a new "dumb" serial receiver though.