[mythtv-users] MythTV and Xbox

Clay claybo at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 27 23:46:27 EST 2004

Hey everyone.  Sorry, I know this has to be covered in the archives
over and over again, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm checking to see what the current status of the Xbox as a frontend
device is.  How is playback quality?  Is there any stuttering?  In
conjunction with a back-end that has a PVR 350, is it almost
indistinguishable from standard coaxial cable plugged directly into the
TV?

Most importantly, what are the major drawbacks of having an Xbox as a
frontend?  All we want to use it for is playing live TV/prerecorded
shows with full FF/RW/pause, and maybe DVDs.

Thanks for any help, or any pointers to threads already discussing all
this as it is now.