[mythtv-users] Feature request, or is it there already?

Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com
Fri Feb 27 16:22:47 EST 2004

> Now we're considering putting an Xbox frontend in the front of our
> house (the back-end machine is in the back of the house).  However, if
> we were to do this, would the Xbox front-end have to share all the same
> recordings as the back-end machine?  Or would the Xbox front-end have
> its own "clean" menu for all of its own recordings on the back-end?

Clay,

When you use your XBox to record something, it's not actually doing the
recording. Your backend system is, which in your case is also another
frontend. The backend may not necessarily store the recording locally (most
do, but you could use an NFS mount for a really big drive somewhere), but
it does all the recordings because that's where the tuner cards are. The
frontends are merely interfaces for that activity, in the same way that
MythWeb is.

So, in a word... no. I don't believe that there is any field in the
recorded table that stores which frontend made the recording request, which
is (at least) what would be needed to implement your request.

Glad to hear you have everything setup and working though. Another one into
the flock.
 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing, copying,

use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be a

criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.